Sunday, May 2, 2010

A Free Day

I gave myself the first free day I have had since Lyle left! I hired a babysitter and went out to a bookstore.

We have a wonderful used bookstore with a little cafe in it where you can eat and browse books or just sit and read. Of course, I had to take a few home! I love this store because you can bring them books for store credit! They have rooms and rooms of books. Heaven to me!!!

After the cafe, I browsed the downtown shops. Something you can not do with a three year old! It was nice to simply be by myself and watch others around me. The shops were cute and fun to window shop and dream. Before I knew it the time was gone and it was time to come home. I was refreshed and ready for the days ahead.

As mother's, I think we easily lose ourselves in our children's identities. We forget who we are and what we as individuals enjoy. It is good to take time once in awhile and remember.

3 comments:

Tricia said...

Those days are so important. Glad you were able to get some time for you. Blessings to you and yours.

autumnesf said...

Glad you got a day to recharge and enjoy the quiet of you time.

Andysbethy said...

I sure can't wait for mine this weekend - so glad your's was wonderful! I am sending your movie with Andy. We'll set up a meet time later.