Sunday, May 2, 2010

Sundays

Sundays are bittersweet. They are a time to focus and worship my Lord. A time for reflection and christian fellowship. Yet they are also a time reminds me the most that my love is deployed. It is the small things. The missing hand during prayer. The hardy "Amen's" said during sermons. Seeing others as whole families and feeling broken. Sunday meals without getting to discuss the sermon with each other. These are the things that make it a bittersweet day. A day when we all like to gather with the one's we love and yet some of us can not!

Yet I am trying to chose to take this and remember to cherish my husband more upon his return. I reflect on how I neglected him. On silly arguments about running late for church Or instead of reflecting on the sermon maybe we chose to gripe about something. Many times we stayed too busy to enjoy each other's companionship on a Sunday afternoon. I guess God allows us to see things during times like these so we can change for the future. I pray he keeps molding me into a better wife for my wonderful husband!

2 comments:

autumnesf said...

Showing up for church over and over without my husband was always one of the very hardest things for me. Sometimes it was too much sympathy from others and other times it was the ones that didn't remember where he was and acted like I was married to a bum that didn't want to come to church. Ouch. Some days I just couldn't take it and stayed home. I hope your church is better than that and you are surrounded by fellow believers that support you!

Andysbethy said...

I am sorry that I am not able to give you the proper "I have been there" support on this one Amanda. You are doing a great job of sticking it out.