Friday, January 15, 2010

In the beginning....

What do I mean by growing in faith? Well, that is what you will get to watch this next year if you view my blog. I am learning to have the faith of a child and trust in the Lord while my husband deploys.

It occurred to me other day that the Lord wishes to be a heavenly soul mate. The one we go to with our joys and fears. I think I have been relying on my earthly soul mate (my sweet husband) for so long that I have forgotten to lean on the Lord. I am learning to let go and give my earthly soul mate over to the Lord. I know within my heart that I have to let Him provide protection and care to Lyle. I have to also learn to accept comfort from my heavenly soul mate who is hear for me everyday and every minute.

So this year is going to be about me learning to trust in the Lord to be my best friend while my earthy best friend is away. It is going to be about trusting the Lord to help the year fly by so we can be reunited. Most of all it is going to have faith that the Lord will bring my love home.

I will never forget being at the airport and seeing a service member greet a fellow soldier's wife. He was the soldier's buddy who was in charge of bringing him home. As I watched this new widow sob into the arms of her husband's buddy I thought of how easily that could be me. She had a small child. I still have terrible fears of that being me one day. And I have to trust that it will never be me. That God will blanket Lyle is protection and one day soon I will have my soul mate back home. It is going to be a daily growing in faith....

I

3 comments:

Andysbethy said...

That was a good way to start a blog - stating the goal, the reason you are starting it. Sounds like a good plan - focusing on your two soul mates.
You have got to stop thinking negative. I am glad you started this, so I can be aware every time you are being negative and can focus on cheering you up.
I love you!

autumnesf said...

I too faced this struggle and it was a hard one. Not so much worrying about hubs not coming home...just being angry that my earthly soulmate was no longer living by my side...even though he was alive and well. It was a long road but God is faithful.

Over the years I learned that it is okay to have sad days and angry days...but they should be short lived and the more you grow the less it happens. I let the root of bitterness creep in at first and had to let the Lord help me weed that out. Don't let Satan have that foothold...its a hard stronghold to break.

Carrie said...

I am so happy you are blogging! Although I can't offer true empathy since my husband's travels are not anywhere the same, I hope I can be cheerful sometimes and share an encouraging word! :) Looking forward to reading tons of posts!