Saturday, January 16, 2010

Saturdays

I think that Saturdays are now the hardest day of the week for me. It use to be the day I looked forward to with eager anticipation. I knew that was the day that all three of us would get to relax together as a family. Play, eat, sleep, work, whatever came to mind or needed to be done it was always done together. Now have dread Saturdays. It is when Satan attacks my weak faith. I see other families busy just living and laughing together. It is hard to continue on and laugh and play when a member so dear is missing. His presence so needed.

Today was a little better than last Saturday. Em and I were able to laugh and play together. No we didn't get out but we did watch movies and play games. I have to admit I didn't do a good job at leaning on the Lord when I felt down. All I could think is I want to lean on Lyle, if not him, at least another human being. Growing....it's painful.

The Lord did take pity on me and carry me through and help me make it to hopefully a much better day and a happier post.

There was one bright note. I managed to have enough will power not to eat my way through being down in the dumps. I stuck to my points. I think that is a first for me. A praise that I didn't give up and give in. Now just onward to happier days......

2 comments:

autumnesf said...

GREAT that you stuck to your points! Not an easy task at this time! I too found Saturdays the hardest during deployments. And there is nothing wrong with being sad and having a Saturday in. You girls can just stick close and love on each other for the day. No shame there.

Came over from Bethany's blog. I'm an Air Force wife with way too many deployments under my belt.

Adding you guys to my prayer list!

Carrie said...

Saturdays are definitely the hardest!!!! I like to stay very busy when Corey is gone but I do realize that your hubby will be gone longer and that can wear you down a lot! If you ever want to go to the TN Aquarium, I can get one adult in for free! :)