Monday, January 18, 2010

A lighter moment

I have a definite mommy brag moment. Potty training my little girl has been an uphill battle with me be the losing opponent. I finally took a leap of faith or pure insanity and put her in panties last week. Well, I then decided to name her puddle duck because of all the puddles that kept appearing all over my house. One puddle was even in her bus she likes to ride all over the house. (right after I mopped my floors I might add). I nice little trickling creek made its way from the living room into the kitchen. Oh well, can't cry over spilt milk, so to speak.

I was starting to give up this week, and decide my daughter was going to be in diapers for the rest of her life! When all of the sudden she tells me, "Mommy its time for the tee tees to come out." We even made it to the potty without a puddle in sight! Hallelujah I think we are getting somewhere. I never imagined in my wildest dreams that I would be this proud over a trip to the potty but hey I guess that is what makes you a mom.

3 comments:

Carrie said...

Ugh! Potty training is so frustrating. My daughter was WAY more difficult than my son, but I think in all my conversations and comparisons with other moms, it seems to be a "first child" thing rather than a boy/girl thing. The second one learns so much from the first, I think.
Take heart and don't give up! Yay for using the potty!

Andysbethy said...

I'm so proud of Emily. Hope she is doing good for you in the car today.
One potty trip at a time - that is all you can do. For us it was one sticker at a time. Eventually, you have a whole page full of stickers, and have accomplished something big. You just have to focus on the little goal first!

Tricia said...

Before potty training my girls, I couldn't understand why people would tell you about it like it was some big accomplishment or do the potty dance or any other thing. But then the girls reached that milestone and I swelled with pride. I hope your potty training experience continues to go well. Be patient. With my oldest, we had more accidents than success for a long time and she had the occasional accident until she was well into elementary school. With my youngest, she decided one day, and that was it. She never had another accident. Ever.