Monday, April 12, 2010

Friendship

Through various events going on in my life at this time my mind has turned to the topic of friendship. I'm a person who opens herself up to all friends and I tend to find myself feeling naked and bruised. I am a person who embraces emotions and feels deeply. I have the ability to be honest about what I am feeling and tend to share too much with others. I know what I want and this tends to make some fearful to voice differences. The sad part is that I really want to embrace differences as it is what makes us interesting and exciting. I am starting to ramble and be well, emotional.
As I was driving today, I started to ponder the thought of how I was feeling far to exposed and naked in some uncomfortable friendships. It came to me that Jesus must have had that feeling numerous times. He would love openly only be feel hurt by many. This led me to think more on the topic of friends. Go to a store and you will find dozens of books on friendships. People talk about not being controlled by friends, the talk about developing healthy friendships, the list goes on and on. I myself have found at different times in my life feeling used and abused by friends and then left to my own devises as they continued on their journey. But what exactly does the Bible say about friends and friendships. How much are we to share with a friend, how close is a good friend to be trusted, how do we accept friends and reject sin, how should we forgive a friend...the list goes on and on in my mind so I decided that I would start researching the Bible on this topic and exploring verse by verse. So here I go on a journey through the Bible to explore the topic of friendship and grow a little more in faith.

1 comment:

autumnesf said...

I'm praying for God to send you a true Biblical friend so you can experience what its is really supposed to be about. It's a gift beyond comprehension.

Can't wait to read your posts on this walk.