Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Spiritual Gifts

I have discovered through the years one spiritual gift that I do not possess. That is the gift of teaching little ones. For some reason everyone thinks I would be a great volunteer with the preschool department of my church. This happens to me wherever we have lived. I lack the ability to "just say NO" when I am ask to help in this area. (or any area for that matter) I long to serve the Lord but it always ends up a disaster when I try to go outside of my talent. That is what happened tonight! I was ask to help with childcare of the small children. The lesson I planned sound great in my head. It sounded fabulous! I had three educational crafts planned that would take up the whole time plus teach about a missionary. Oh if it only work out in reality as it does in my head. I couldn't keep the kids in their seats and we went through the crafts in just a few minutes. I left with a headache and a desire to run away and hide for a very long time. I think that is why we are suppose to find our talents and spiritual gifts and serve the Lord accordingly! And I have to learn to say NO!

1 comment:

autumnesf said...

Boy do I know this one! I did a post on it recently at

http://autumnaskswhy.blogspot.com/2010/04/do-you-know-your-gift.html

You might get a kick out of it.