Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Little Eyes are Watching

I am reminded how much children watch what we do and not what we say! I admitedly mopped the kitchen for the first time since my hubby left. Yes, I am really bad about spot mopping because I can't stand to do the whole thing! My sweet spouse use to do that job which I always was glad to let him tackle. lol.

The floor had finally gotten to where I could no longer ignore giving it a good cleaning so out came the mop! As I began to mop, I heard Em's voice call, "NO MOMMA, That's Daddy's job!" Wow! Who would have ever thought she had noticed such a small thing. As we talked about how sweet Daddy was to help Mommy by mopping floor's in the house, I thought about how our actions are really what shapes are children. My husband and I share responsiblities. We try not to label work gender specific. We just do what fits best and share the work. Usually we work side by side so that we can enjoy time together. As I think back, that is what I saw my parents model and his parents model the same. It makes me realize that what we model for her, is probably what she will expect for in a mate. What a responsibilty the Lord has given us a parents! I'm so glad He walks beside us and helps to instruct us along the way!

1 comment:

Andysbethy said...

You didn't tell me that part of the story - that Emily protested! Hilarious. I love it.