Monday, March 29, 2010

Satan's Tricks

I remembered today the power Satan can have over us if we let him. I allowed him to take my focus off of the things I had planned to accomplish for the Lord today. I had lofty plans. Plans for good and plans to glorify the Lord. I let a angry letter consume my day. Wow...why did I do that? All I did was dwell on anger and frustration instead of focusing on the Lord. Satan can come at us from places we would never expect! All he desires is to take our focus off of glorifying the Lord. Why do I still fall for his tricks? I am reminded of how the Lord was tempted by the devil. How he had victory over his many tricks. I am thankful for a loving Father who convicts us and still forgives us when we fall for the tricks of Satan. Thankful for his saving grace! What a wonderful thing to remember this Easter week. At the same time, what a bitter thought to remember that it was my sin that helped to put Jesus up on that cross. What a love He has for us. I don't mean to gush but just the thought that he forgives us every time and still loves us still amazes me. I hope I never forget to be amazed.

A friend and I were talking how this seems to be a year that Christians are growing in spiritual strength. I really feel that we could experience a revival. Maybe not a revival of the country but of the hearts of those who already know Him. I remember a pastor once reminding us that revival has to start within His church. Revival really does have to begin within the Christian heart. I am finding more and more people in earnest who seek to really KNOW God. How I want to know Him. How I want to grow. It may be a painful process that requires us to go through dark places but to be drawn closer to our maker is just a wonderful privilege!

No comments: