Sunday, February 14, 2010

George Beaverly Shea

If I were to make an educated guess, it would be that very few people know the name George Beverly Shea. I must admit that until I met my husband I was unaware of the music written and sung by this great Christian man. He is a man who belongs to the era of our grandparents and parents but his voice has a timeless quality. My spouse and I are quite perfect for each other for very are strange birds that love hymns. They speak to my soul and help me heal. They help me sing praises to the Lord. My husband has a very nice voice and can be heard singing many hymns during the day and at night it has always been apart of bedtime routine to sing our daughter to sleep. Some of the songs include his favorite hymns. Today I had on some of George Beverly Shea's music. Not only did I want to praise to Lord but it helps me feel close to Lyle from some strange reason. My daughter was playing and not really paying any attention to what was going on. All the sudden she stopped and exclaimed, "Momma, that man sings like my Daddy!" Laughingly, I agreed with her. She then asked me, "Momma, why is that man trying to sound like my Daddy?" I guess these songs will help us both feel close to Daddy for the next year!

No comments: