Friday, February 12, 2010

Let it Snow

I guess that I should be happy that there is a literal winter wonderland right outside my doorstep. It has been snowing for hours now and God has painted the world with beautiful lacy white silk. A sight to behold and remember who is still in control of the world in which we dwell.

One the other hand, the little bad girl in me wants to yell....SPRING, WHERE ARE YOU! I want to bask in the warmth of a spring day to see the tiny buds coming out on the trees and feel the suns rays soft upon my face. I guess God thinks, boy I can't ever satisfy you. I am surprised he doesn't just let me have it with how discontent I can be. In the summer time all we talk about is the thought of being cold and now that we have the cold weather all I want is warmth. I guess the lesson that could be derived from this is to be content with what God gives us. Yuck, I'm not up to this lesson tonight. I'll just have to deal with snow and wait for springs warmth. Maybe that is how it felt to wonder the desert all of those years.

No comments: