Saturday, February 13, 2010

Ups and Down

Today has been a day of ups and downs. This morning we played in the snow! We went sledding down the hill (I must admit that Em was on the lid of a garbage can, but hey it was sledding, right?). A snow man was almost created but alas I am not a good sculpture of snow and em did not like her hands getting cold. lol. I heard someone on the news saying the south did not know what to do with snow. I think we are making do, even if it is on garbage can lids. Emily found out the snow taste great! It is great to experience the joy of something old all over again with someone who is seeing it afresh and anew.

I still missing my Lt. but I did get to talk to him today. I just wish we could have a private conversation. It's hard to talk with six other guys are all talking to others. Maybe their is still hope! He said he would call later so I've got my fingers crossed.

Tomorrow is the Lord's Day. He has been carrying me through this even though I'm sure he wonders why I am acting like Emily. When I try to carry her and help sometimes she starts to kick and scream not knowing that I am taking care of her. I think the Lord is probably wondering why I have been kicking and screaming while he has been trying to carry me these past few weeks! I am so thankful he is such a merciful, caring, and forgiving God. I know I need to learn to be still in his arms and things will get to be so much easier.

I'll end with this, Emily has been learning her bible verse of the week. This week it is "I was glad when they said unto me, let us go into the house of the Lord." PS 122:1. Early in the week, before she has memorized the verse, I asked her if she remembered her bible verse. Her answer was very appropriate. "I was glad to go to Sunday school." She has gotten the meaning of the verse. I think the most important part for a three year old and maybe for all of us. So tomorrow, we will be glad to go to church and Sunday school!

No comments: